Rancilio Silvia Black 2020 M V6
Pickup from our showroom in Frenchs Forest
Rancilio Silvia Black M V6
There is an "E" version of the Silvia available on some websites. This version is specifically to meet European regulations and is designed to let the Silvia cool down if left on for more than 30mins - which is a disaster given the Silvia needs to be pre-warmed for at least 30 minutes! We only stock the "M" for this reason.
If you're interested in the Sivlia with PID option, we'd suggest looking at the Lelit Victoria instead. It has factory PID + auto boiler refill.
Why buy Rancilio Silvia from Jetblack Espresso?
- Unlike some other online sellers we are an Australian company. (Hint: a prominent online seller that is based in Europe has a web address that starts with "new" and ends with ".com.au".
- Our stock ships to you from our Australian warehouse - beware of Rancilio sellers who don't have an ABN - your machine will ship from Europe in spite of what may be claimed on their website and you will effectively have no warranty here!!
- Our mission is to have you making cafe quality coffee at home. As you progress on your coffee making journey we'll be there at every step to offer our support, whether it's:
- some know how from one of our barista instructors,
- an accessory that makes all the difference,
- a spare part or service from one of our technicians, or
- an eventual upgrade.
- We provide your warranty and post warranty service directly - it is not outsourced
- We stock consumables and genuine Rancilio parts to keep your machine working for years to come
- If you decide to upgrade the Silvia in the future with a PID kit installed by us you will not invalidate your warranty. A PID kit is not necessary, but many enthusiasts choose to add one to get precise control of brew temperature.
- We know the Silvia inside and out - we can show you how to get the most from it. Enquire about doing a course as part of your Silvia purchase.
Rancilio Silvia V6 Advantages
The Rancilio Silvia home espresso machine is able to deliver cafe quality espresso and steamed milk good enough for cafe quality lattes and cappuccinos. Unlike appliances sold in department stores, it is manufactured by an Italian company that specialises in Espresso Machine manufacture. It has been designed to last, with key components made of brass and stainless steel rather than Zinc and plastic.
The Silvia must be paired with a quality burr grinder, such as the Rancilio Rocky.
Rancilio Silvia V6 PID options
Buying from JetBlack gives you the opportunity to have a PID kit fitted to your Silvia with a 12 month warranty on the kit and installation.
- PID Deluxe - finer control of the brew temperature, bypassing the thermostat for electronic control
- PID with Steam Control - finer control of both brew and steam temperature
- PID with pre-infusion - brew and steam control through PID, with addition of pump activation for pre-infusion.
Other Machines to consider?
We also sell other brands so if you're considering your options you should also look at the Lelit range. It particular, the 41TEMD with PID controller offers more performance for a small additional outlay:
- Lelit PL041LEM (a little more forgiving than the Silvia, bigger drip tray and fully stainless steel)
- Lelit PL042EM with built in grinder save space, dollars and is a cleaner solution than a stand alone machine and grinder
- Lelit PL41TEMD with built in PID controller provides better coffee, more consistently than a machine without PID temperature control.
Rancilio Silvia - A Closer Look
Key components on the Rancilio Silvia are made from brass - the group head, boiler and portafilter. This ensures great longevity and very good thermal stability.
Thermal stability is required to get great espresso extractions. After pre heating the machine, the heavy brass components will not easily move from their steady-state temperature which helps the brew water stay close to the optimal brew temperature.
Because the brew head and portafilter are made from brass, they will have long service lives. This is in stark contrast to most appliances available from department stores.
It's important to use the right size tamper for any coffee machine. The perfect size for the Silvia is 58.55mm (either flat or convex is fine but we'd probably go convex as this suits a lot of other machines as well as the Silvia). We have a PreciseFit tamper custom made for the Silvia.
Rancilio Silvia Specifications:
- Made in Milan Italy
- Single 300ml brass boiler, 1100 watts
- Chrome plated brass portafilter
- Filter basket size: 58.6mm
- Ideal Tamper size: 58.55mm
- Stainless steel supporting frame (black), stainless steel body
- 2.5L water tank
- Dimensions: 290 x 235 x 340
- Weight: 14kg
- PID kit option available
- Easy to use ball-jointed steam arm with 1 hole steam tip
- Extensive user community for advice and support
Rancilio Silvia Accessories:
- 2 cup portafilter
- Single filter basket
- Double filter basket
- Plastic coffee scoop
- Rubber blind disc
- Stainless steel tamper
Extended warranty: Select up to 5 years total warranty below that will apply to the Silvia (and grinder if chosen). The extended warranty does not apply to accessories or PID kits.
What size tamper will I need for this machine?
The nominal tamper size for this machine is 58mm, however you will get the best fit in your machine's basket by purchasing a 58.55mm PreciseFit tamper.