Rancilio Silvia 2018 M V5Rated 5/5 based on 8 reviews.
Free Shipping - $0.00
Free Shipping is available for a limited time for this item to most areas in Australia (some freight charge may apply for remote areas - but we'll contact you prior to dispatch if this is the case).
Pickup In Store - $0.00
Pickup from our showroom in French's Forest. Shipping terms
Free Australian Metro Delivery
2018 Rancilio Silvia M V5
There is an "E" version of the Silvia available on some websites. This version is specifically to meet European regulations and is designed to let the Silvia cool down if left on for more than 30mins - which is a disaster given we recommend the Silvia be pre-warmed for at least 30 minutes! We only stock the "M" for this reason.
Why buy Rancilio Silvia from Jetblack Espresso?
- Our mission is to have you making cafe quality coffee at home. As you progress on your coffee making journey we'll be there at every step to offer our support, whether it's:
- some know how from one of our barista instructors,
- an accessory that makes all the difference,
- a spare part or service from one of our technicians, or
- an eventual upgrade.
- We provide your warranty and post warranty service directly - it is not outsourced
- We stock consumables and genuine Rancilio parts to keep your machine working for years to come
- If you decide to upgrade the Silvia in the future with a PID kit installed by us you will not invalidate your warranty. A PID kit is not necessary, but many enthusiasts choose to add one to get precise control of brew temperature.
- We know the Silvia inside and out - we can show you how to get the most from it. Enquire about doing a course as part of your Silvia purchase.
Rancilio Silvia V5 Advantages
The Rancilio Silvia home espresso machine is able to deliver cafe quality espresso and steamed milk good enough for cafe quality lattes and cappuccinos. Unlike appliances sold in department stores, it is manufactured by an Italian company that specialises in Espresso Machine manufacture. It has been designed to last, with key components made of brass and stainless steel rather than Zinc and plastic.
The Silvia must be paired with a quality burr grinder, such as the Rancilio Rocky.
Rancilio Silvia V5 PID options
Buying from JetBlack gives you the opportunity to have a PID kit fitted to your Silvia with a 12 month warranty on the kit and installation.
- PID Deluxe - finer control of the brew temperature, bypassing the thermostat for electronic control
- PID with Steam Control - finer control of both brew and steam temperature
- PID with pre-infusion - brew and steam control through PID, with addition of pump activation for pre-infusion.
Other Machines to consider?
For completeness, other models we sell which should also be considered in this class of machines are:
- Lelit PL041LEM (a little more forgiving than the Silvia, bigger drip tray and fully stainless steel)
- Lelit PL042EM with built in grinder save space, dollars and is a cleaner solution than a stand alone machine and grinder
- Lelit PL41TEMD with built in PID controller provides better coffee, more consistently than a machine without PID temperature control.
Rancilio Silvia - A Closer Look
Key components on the Rancilio Silvia are made from brass - the group head, boiler and portafilter. This ensures great longevity and very good thermal stability.
Thermal stability is required to get great espresso extractions. After pre heating the machine, the heavy brass components will not easily move from their steady-state temperature which helps the brew water stay close to the optimal brew temperature.
Because the brew head and portafilter are made from brass, they will have long service lives. This is in stark contrast to most appliances available from department stores.
It's important to use the right size tamper for any coffee machine. The perfect size for the Silvia is 58.35mm (either flat or convex is fine but we'd probably go convex as this suits a lot of other machines as well as the Silvia). We have a PreciseFit tamper custom made for the Silvia.
Rancilio Silvia Specifications:
- Made in Milan Italy
- Single 300ml brass boiler, 1100 watts
- Chrome plated brass portafilter
- Filter basket size: 58.6mm
- Ideal Tamper size: 58.3mm
- Iron supporting frame (black), stainless steel body
- 2.5L water tank
- Dimensions: 290 x 235 x 340
- Weight: 14kg
- PID kit option available
- Easy to use ball-jointed steam arm with 1 hole steam tip
- Extensive user community for advice and support
Rancilio Silvia Accessories:
- 2 cup portafilter
- Single filter basket
- Double filter basket
- Plastic coffee scoop and tamper
- Rubber blind disc
Extended warranty: Select up to 5 years total warranty below that will apply to the Silvia (and grinder if chosen). The extended warranty does not apply to accessories or PID kits.
(60065/) (Is kit: 0 - n)
Please refer to our Warranty Policy.
2018 Rancilio SilviaBy: Derrick Ashby on 9 August 2018I'd forgotten what a good cup of coffee the Silvia turns out. This is the fifth coffee machine I've bought over the last 20 years, and I went away from the Silvia a number of years ago when they weren't being imported/supported. Great to see them back.
Excellent coffee makerBy: Bronwyn Field on 3 January 2018I bought the Rancilio Silvia M v5 as a xmas present for my partner and have found myself thoroughly enjoying the coffee from this machine. It is solid and feels like it is a quality piece of equipment. It's a little daunting at first to use, but after watching youtube clips and practice, it has become part of the morning routine. I prefer the coffee we make now more than many of the takeaway coffees we use to buy. Also thank you to Jetblack for the phone call before delivery to check whether I would like to ad the essentials kit - everything in the kit is useful and very pleased I added it in.
Rancillio Silivia M V5By: Allan Clarke on 14 December 2017I recently purchased a Rancillio Silivia M V5 from jetblackespresso.com.au replacing my 10 year old Rancillio. The service was very good with fast postage made it a pleasure to do business with. First thing I noticed when I started using this machine was that the filter basket was much finer than my old model, and the steamer wand had changed with a much thicker wand and it was attached by ball joint. Of course this new machine was much improved than my old one and heated quicker and frothed milk quicker. I would recommend this machine to anyone who is looking for the closest machine to a commercial one, you can't beat it and I have yet to find an automatic machine (home use) that beats this manual one. Only one thing left to say try jetblackespresso for your next machine.
My first coffee machine and happyBy: Peter Hill on 21 July 2017This shiny thing was my firt proper coffee machine wiht no prior barista experience, I read up how to make a good espresso online and after about 30 coffees I think I pretty much nailed it, just as good as the coffee down my local cafe. You need to make sure the Silvia is well warmed up so 15 mins from turn on and I also draw half a cup of water even when warmed up and then leave for a further 3-4 mins before making a coffee. Overall very happy and worth the investment
Rancilio Silvia is great20 April 2017This machine was purchased to replace my Sunbeam Cafe Series (which I used a lot and which made many, many litres of pretty good coffee) when it finally expired beyond cost effective repair. The Rancilio is a big step up from the Sunbeam for coffee quality. Whilst more understanding of the coffee making process is required to use it well, it is still fairly simple to get a really good coffee with the Silvia within a short time. It is a far more robust machine and feels like it will last a long time without the longevity issues of more automated machines. The steaming function is something else too! It easily matches commercial machines for milk texturing. I am using the sunbeam burr grinder and despite what you might read on the interweb, it is absolutely capable of the task for the Silvia. Overall, a great product and great service when purchased online from Jetblack.