ECM Manufacture S-Automatik 64
Free Shipping is available for a limited time for this item to most areas in Australia (some freight charge may apply for remote areas - but we'll contact you prior to dispatch if this is the case).
Pickup from our showroom in Frenchs Forest
Free Australian Metro Delivery
This impressive grinder ticks a lot of boxes for the home barista:
- coffee quality is excellent
- no mess
- looks great next to a beautiful espresso machine
- simplifies the process for "new" baristi ;-)
- fast - 7second grind time for a double shot (tested with an 18g VST filter basket)
We took one away with us for a week of "domestic" duties with 4 coffee drinkers having 2 or 3 coffees per day each and it was fantastic. Highly recommended!
- Simple programming of the timer for 1 or 2 portions via display
- Manual grinding function
- Grinding time is about 7 seconds for a double espresso (18g)
- Stepless adjustment of the grind
- Quantity counter of the ground portions
- Capacity bean hopper ca. 550 g
- Stainless steel burrs, ø 64 mm
- Vented body for better heat release of the motor
- 415 h x 150 w x 245 d (mm)
- 6.9kg net
- 400W motor
- 240V 50Hz
Upgrade from RockyBy: Steve on 14 March 2017I was considering something a little less expensive but as soon as I saw this grinder in action, I was sold. Very little in the way of residual grounds, in fact I've stopped purging the grinder in the morning because it doesn't require it. The timer function is easy to use although the double shot timer was a bit hit and miss. I use just the single shot timer now and the manual function for everything above. Dialling in the grind can be a bit fiddly but once you've got it it's worth it. You'll need to mark each grind level with a marker pen if you are using more than one type of beans but it's a small price to pay, it's part and parcel of using a stepless grinder anyway. Grind on demand is the way of the future, I don't think it's a beginners grinder at all. I'd happily have it as a back up grinder in a commercial setting because it's so fast. The fact that it's stepless makes the Rocky look very inadequate. Is it worth the money? Hard to say because I was looking at the Mazzer Mini but I wanted doserless so I was very easily sold on the Automatik 64. I love the grinder, it's big burrs are grinding the beans perfectly and the Jet Black service was exemplary.